Monday, July 25, 2011

Fireworks

Last night we did some fireworks at mom and dad's house with all the lettle neices and nephews. We gave the little kids sparklers to start off.  When I was a child when we had sparklers we spent time writing our names in the air and twirling in circles.  Last night, we had 5 little kids running around yelling 'stupify' and 'protego'!  We also heard lumos, avada kedavra and expecto patronum!  What fun they had pretending to be wizards.  I heard several refrences to Harry Potter while playing with fireworks.  I love that kids can take something like sparklers and pretend to be wizards!

1 comment:

thecapedhappyender said...

I love this post. How fun it would be to be a wizard with a sparkler. My children, as of yet, do not know Harry Potter and liked to pretend they had swords and explosives. My favorite was Pookie who begged and begged for her sparklers but would then immediately go throw it in the water bucket. That girl.