Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Books!

This summer, Barnes and Noble did a summer reading program for kids 1st - 6th grade. If you read 8 books you could go pick a free book. I got some papers for the 3 oldest nephew and neices. They had finished reading their 8 books each and I took them to the bookstore to get their free book. We had a lot of fun picking out books for each of them (and buying one for their younger brother). When we were done at the bookstore I took them to get an ice cream cone. When we pulled into McD's, I asked who wanted ice cream. I heard this chorus of 'I do!', 'Me!' from the back seat. And then the youngest neice with me, age 6, says, "Aunt, you don't have to spend so much money on us." It was so stinkin cute! I told her since I hadn't spent anything on her yet because her book was free, I would buy her an ice cream cone. So we all went in and ate ice cream and talked and had fun!

2 comments:

thecapedhappyender said...

This is one of the best things I have read in a long time. I love books and I love when children develop a love for books. It can bless them more than they know! Way to go, Aunt Amy.

thecapedhappyender said...

Have I mentioned that I love the title of your blog. I love it as much as I love the name I have for you. It is so 'you'! And I love the things I learn about you, Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Intelligence as well as the sound/misical intelligence (the proper name escapes me currently). I love what I get to learn about your secret life. You are a remarkable person.