Friday, June 19, 2009

Manti pagent

Roommate and I decided to go to the Manti pagent this week. The last time I remember going was 12 years ago, it's been a while. :) So Thursday night we hop in the car and head to Manti. She packed a picnic dinner and I drove. We got great parking just 2 blocks from the temple grounds and walked for a bit then found seats and sat down to eat dinner. Then she went on a walk and I was going to read my book, but sat and people watched instead. Once the sun went down, I froze (even with a sweatshirt and 2 blankets) but the pagent was nice. When it was over we got up and hurried to the car and got out of town in just a couple of minutes. Probably helped that it was a weeknight - but there was no sitting and waiting to get out of town. We made it back home by 12:30 - but I had taken Friday off of work, so I got to sleep in today. It was a fun adventure!

1 comment:

thecapedhappyender said...

I remember I was with you when you went 12 years ago. I remember .... a boy. I am glad you went again. I want to go to that temple someday. I hear there is a sealing room up many many flights of stairs that doesn't get used too often because there is often a guest that can't make it. There is no elevator so everyone has to be able to go on foot. After Lychelle heart about that she was insistant that she get married in that room and now wants to marry sooner than later so that everyone can still climb stairs. Lovely temple!