Monday, April 20, 2009

Guess who's the new ward organist?

Yep, that would be me. I got a call from the 1st Counselor on Saturday night at 9 pm to ask if I would 'substitute' on the organ Sunday and feeling guilty because I couldn't think of one good reason not to, I said yes. He did ask if I'd played before and I said "Not for people to sing".

Then, Sunday morning I got a call to meet with a member of the bishopric. I've known for a week that I was probably getting the Sunday phone call, I just didn't think I'd get the 9pm Saturday call. (as a side note - that makes 4 callings and 3 of them involve the piano/organ. Where did all the piano players go? They better find some in the ward soon...I've only got 2 months left in the ward.)

My roommate said I did great, but I don't think I did that well. I guess you'll know where to find me this week...at the church, practicing!

2 comments:

thecapedhappyender said...

Fabulous!!!! A talent indeed and one hard to come by and you got it!! I hope you enjoy it. It will be good for everybody else because you are so good. I think it is fabulous because you are fabulous. I hope you can enjoy it too. It seems that a talent like that is used often and I predict a life time of organ playing. :)

Larissa said...

Wow! Congrats! Good for you. Maybe you can teach me the next time we get together :)