Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Valentines/President's weekend

I had a, well let's call it an eventful, and long holiday weekend. I started it off by getting another cold (it seems like I have been sick for 6 weeks) and this one caused me to lose my voice. So I spent Saturday coughing and not being able to talk.

On Sunday, our choir had been asked to sing for Stake Conference with a couple other ward choirs, since I play the piano for our choir and don't get to sing, I was really looking forward to singing. But without a voice, I wasn't much help!

I got Monday off from work, but my bro and sis-in-law went on a mini vacation and I volunteered to watch the 4 kiddies since youngest sister had them Saturday and grandma had them Sunday. Plus I was the only one who didn't have to work Monday.

We had lots of fun (read that last bit with a TON of sarcasm). I had one with double ear infections, who woke grandma at 5:00, me at 5:45 and then threw up about an hour after grandma left for work. And another with an ear infection and a sinus infection. (we only knew they were sick, my sis-in-law took them to the doctor after she got home) The other two had coughs and runny noses and I am really glad that I didn't catch whatever they all had! We did get some fun in - played games, colored pictures, did some cleaning and laundry, and tried not to bother grandpa who was downstairs in his office working... It was mostly a fun day, but I sure was glad when it was over.

1 comment:

thecapedhappyender said...

Your weekend sounds very hard and I am sure Ryan and Cami are ever so grateful to you. You are a good person to have around. You are thoughtful and generous. How are you feeling now? I hope you are not sick. I didn't even know yhou lost your voice. I feel bad. Did you finish your book for bookclub?